[Dachs-users] Using an existing database table

Yannick Roehlly yannick.roehlly at lam.fr
Mon Nov 30 13:01:52 CET 2015

Le samedi 28 novembre 2015, 08:44:17 Markus Demleitner a écrit :
> Welcome to this list!

Hi Markus. Thanks.

> In general, using an external ingestor usually makes things a whole
> lot more complicated,

It's not for data ingestion but for data access.  Our catalogues are already
stored in a database that is used by our information system tools.  I'd like
to publish some catalogues through VO protocols but without duplicating the
database content.  So I'd like to ingest those catalogues into DaCHS saying it
to take care of the meta-data but not to create the data table for the
catalogues.

> When things do not involve products, it's less of a problem; there's
> http://docs.g-vo.org/DaCHS/tutorial.html#publishing-existing-tables-via-tap

I missed that.  Thanks, I will look at eat.

Cheers,

Yannick

--
There is no likelihood man can ever tap the power of the atom.
		-- Robert Millikan, Nobel Prize in Physics, 1923